Black Light Journals

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Moth Films Fund Drive


Let's talk about that "Donate" button to the right, shall we? Because I'm not really looking for donations, I'm looking for investors. Let's get down to brass tacks:

- The budget for Black Light is $10,502.46. So far we've raised the $5600 needed for principal photography, which we wrapped last week.

- We're in need of approximately $3500 to buy the hardware and software needed to edit the movie. Since we came in a bit under budget on our shoot, any additional funds towards up to $10,502.46 would be put towards advertising our early screenings. If we raise the $3500 but come up short of $10,502.46, the budget and investors' shares will be adjusted accordingly.

- Investors will be repaid first. When the movie turns a profit, investors will be eligible for a proportionate share of 50% of all theatrical and ancillary profits returned to Moth Films whether we eventually sell to a distributor or go the self-distribution route. For instance, an investment of $210.05 would gurantee a 1% share of all profits.

- Investors are also promised a credit in the titles, copies of the DVD and an invitation to our premiere.

All this said, I realize it's a brutal time to ask anyone if they can spare a few bucks for a high-risk investment. This is why I waited until after the movie was shot, so you'll at least know I'm not going to take your money and bet it on the ponies. The footage we have is strong, and I'm serious about finishing a movie that will make everyone involved proud and hopefully pay you back for your generosity. If you can throw in five bucks, I'll certainly count it as an investment. And if you make any sort of investment, make sure to write me at blacklight.movie@gmail.com with your contact info so I can send a contract and keep you posted on the movie's progress (you can also write me to ask for a copy of our prospectus or for more information). Now that we've gotten that out of the way, I promise this post is the only panhandling you'll see here. The production journals will continue soon.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home